Wireless is definitely the wave of the future and everyone is switching over to it. That’s great for most people, but for some their house is too large or the Wi-Fi signal is too low to be able to get a good output.
For those people, a wireless extender can be the best option, making sure that your range is just where you need it to be.
Missy Enders, Author, HESCA
#1 Securifi Almond
View On Amazon
The Securifi Almond is designed to give you a whole lot of power in just one little package so you’ll be able to connect all the rooms in your house. It is super easy to set up because it offers a touchscreen wizard to help you through the process and for most it takes less than 3 minutes to be completely up and running.
You don’t need a computer of any kind or even a CD in order to get the setup completed and if there’s any management needed you can get that done without any of these things as well. That’s definitely one way that it makes use extremely easy so you can get to the things that you want to be doing instead of managing your Wi-Fi.
What’s even better about this is that it’s actually useful for a number of different things. You can actually use it as the primary router for your home, a range extender to get more power, an access point or even a wireless bridge. It doesn’t have a built-in DSL modem, however.
- Still getting better is the fact that this extender is actually compatible with any kind of router as well as your computer, smartphone and gaming system, which means that it’s going to be a whole lot easier to use no matter what type of device you are trying to connect to or connect with.
- There’s a one year limited warranty on the system as well as unlimited tech support that will help you get exactly what you’re looking for and ensure that your system is always up and running when you need it. You shouldn’t have to fight with your Wi-Fi to get a signal in the further areas of your house and with a good Wi-Fi extender you’re not going to have to.
#2 NETGEAR AC750
View On Amazon
Available in four different versions, the Netgear AC750 is able to connect a number of different devices though it’s primarily built to connect your smartphones and tablets. It does this with a dual Wi-Fi band that gets up to 750 Mbps and it even supports a range of different types of devices.
Capable of supporting 802.11ac, b, g and n devices, this system is very easy to install and very small, so it won’t take up too much space in your home or anywhere else that you might need it. What’s even better is you’re going to have external antennas that improve the overall the performance of the unit and you get an access point that creates a hotspot. It does this though a wired Ethernet connection.
All you have to do to get it started up is plug it into the wall and you can connect it to any Wi-Fi device and router so that you’re going to get the connection that you’re looking for without having to spend a lot of time and effort trying to connect. This is important when you’re trying to connect and have a good time or get some work done.
- The system uses FastLane Technology with two Wi-Fi bands to give you the perfect connection that you need. It provides a high quality and a high-speed connection so that you can play games without problems or even stream videos and other websites.
- If you’re looking to get a great connection but you can’t easily get connected because the router is too far away you’re going to need an extender to make sure that you are able to connect and able to listen to, watch and surf wherever you want on your computer and through the internet.
#3 TP-Link N300
View On Amazon
The TP-Link range extender is designed to get you a good amount of additional power and strength from your router without having to use a large or bulky device that you might find in other areas. Instead, this extender simply plugs in to your electrical outlet and doesn’t even take up much space while it’s doing so.
The extender makes sure that you are able to improve that signal with just the push of a button. You can get started right away because it’s super easy to install. You can add an Ethernet cable if you prefer to use this unit as a wireless adapter with wired devices and you can get compatibility with 801.11n, g or b so you have plenty of options.
There is a tether app included with this service which allows you to access and manage everything from the system. You’ll be able to use it on any mobile device, which makes it a whole lot easier and more versatile for you and your family to use.
- There are LED function controls that will make it easier for you to see exactly what you want to do and what you’re doing when you press the button. You’re also going to have a night mode for those controls so you don’t have to worry about the system getting too bright where you can’t sleep comfortably. So make sure you’re setting it up for your own family.
- You’ll be able to get enough power and strength from this extender that will improve your ability to really enjoy your games and your fun times. After all, you don’t want to have internet that everyone in the house isn’t going to be able to enjoy. With the right extender you don’t have to worry about that and you can make sure you’re improving the connection all the time.
Wifi Extender Buyer’s Guide
You want to have a Wi-Fi extender that’s going to support the two main versions and bands of Wi-Fi. This is going to take a little bit of research in order to make sure that you have everything you need. But getting 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz is definitely going to be important so that you can connect to just about any device that you own. You’re going to have no problem connecting your smartphone, tablets or other wireless devices to one of these networks to make sure that you are going to get a great experience and a great movie.
Next you want to look at the speed that you’re going to get from the router and the extender together. Just because a router will work with your extender doesn’t mean that it’s going to be the best option for you. You want something that is going to connect really well and that is going to make sure that you are getting good speed and that you’re getting high quality as well. Make sure that you’re paying attention to the maximum speed that you’re going to get with your router as well as the extender together. There’s no problem getting a good connection and making sure that they’re going to give you what you need.
Non Line of Sight Ability
You want to check how well your wireless extender does for you when it comes to not having a direct line of sight with the extender and with the router. You want to make sure that you’re not getting too low of a signal when it comes to being out of the line of sight. After all, you’re not going to have the ability to actually stay right in sight of the router and extender all of the time. You want to make sure that you are going to get something good right off the bat.
You want to make sure that you are going to get a good connection with the device and the router specifically that you’re using. If you don’t have a good connection you’re not going to get the right type of signal and service. You want to make sure that you have the right bands and signal strength to connect to several different devices all at the same time as well. So make sure you’re checking what your connection ability will be from the start.
If you’re looking for a way to improve your signal strength when it comes to your Wi-Fi then you’re going to have no problem with one of these Wi-Fi extenders. You’re going to be able to get right into the internet and you’re going to have the ability to stream information or stream videos or even play your favorite games with no problem at all. That’s because you’re going to be able to improve your signal a whole lot more than you might think otherwise. That’s how you can improve your connection with a Wi-Fi extender.
- The Best Wi-Fi Range Extender