Getting your teeth clean as much as possible is definitely going to be an important thing for anyone, but for some it becomes even more important and that’s when you might want a water flosser.
Rather than flossing with traditional string, you can use this flosser to clean your teeth even more and make it easier and less painful if you haven’t really gotten into flossing much in the past.
Missy Enders, Author, HESCA
#1 Waterpik Aquarius
View On Amazon
The Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser is designed to make your teeth look better and make your gums a whole lot healthier in very little time. In fact, all you need to do is use the flosser for a single minute each day and you’re going to start noticing the benefits in no time at all. That’s definitely going to be a great return on your investment.
The flosser actually has a large base that allows you to fill up plenty of water for an extended period of flossing, up to 90 seconds, and to set it up so it’s ready to go when you area. You’ll be able to choose between actual flossing or massage and with different levels of pressure (10 to be exact) you’re definitely going to find the sweet spot for you.
There are 7 different flossing tips to choose from so you get the water just the way you need it and when you combine this with the different pressure settings you have 70 different combinations to choose from. You can plug this unit directly in to your power source so it’s ready and waiting when you’re ready to go. This makes sure that your teeth are going to be clean and healthy.
- There’s a one minute timer built right in and a 30 second pacer that helps you prepare as well. When you want to get started you can hit the button right on the flosser itself and when you want to stop you can flip the switch yet again. This is going to make sure that you aren’t getting pressured with too much water when you’re not ready for it.
- Even better, you’re going to have no problem using this tool even with braces, implants, crowns or any other type of dental work that you might have had done, which is definitely important for overall quality.
#2 Panasonic EW1211A
View On Amazon
The Panasonic Water Flosser is actually cordless so you’re going to get rid of any type of food particles or debris without having to use a cord while you’re using the unit. This makes it a whole lot easier to floss and makes sure that you’re going to be more comfortable with the process as well.
With this flosser you actually get a whole lot better results than with traditional flossing and you’re going to have better than average cleaning as well. Because it’s so easy to use you can still use it every day and you’re going to have several different options to choose from when it comes to the pressure that you want on your gums and teeth.
For smaller children or even for those who have more sensitive teeth or gums you’re going to have the ability to turn down the settings to get something lighter but if you’re really trying to keep your teeth clean you’ll be able to do that as well with higher settings. That’s because you get to choose between soft, regular and jet settings to really keep your teeth looking their best.
- With this unit you’re going to have two different nozzles and a completely waterproof unit (which is important since you’re going to want to get it under the water to fill up the tank. When you’re done using the flosser for the time being you can simply run it under the sink and you’ll be able to clean it off so it’s ready for next time.
- When you need a deep clean all you need to do is take apart the reservoir and you can stick it right in your dishwasher will all of your other dishes. It will be clean and ready to go in no time at all.
#3 ToiletTree Products Water Flosser
View On Amazon
The Professional Oral Irrigator by ToiletTree Products is designed to give you more basic options and to make it a whole lot easier to clean your teeth and get started on the process of using a water flosser. That’s because there are three easy to use modes, including normal, soft and pulse.
You also get two different tips that are color coded so if you have more than one person who wants to use it you’ll have no problem keeping track of which is which. What’s even better is you don’t need to worry about changing out the tips because it’s super easy to get one to release and the next one to attach.
When you’re ready to use this unit you’ll need to make sure the lithium ion batteries are fully charged and that the tank is completely full, but you won’t have to worry about keeping close to a power outlet because the unit is cordless and allows you to use it anywhere you want. This can be important if you want to take it with you on a trip or vacation and don’t know if you’re going to have power available.
- If you’re using this tool when other people are sleeping you won’t’ have a problem with disturbing them because the motor is extremely quiet and allows you to get the clean you’re looking for without having to worry about anyone else around you.
- When you want to clean your teeth you want to make sure it’s going to be easy and that’s why this tool is going to be a great one, because it lets you get rid of bacteria and food particles that you can’t get with regular brushing and does it in a way that’s much more comfortable and effective than traditional flossing.
Water Flosser Buyer’s Guide
Corded or Cordless
First you want to figure out what style of water flosser you’re looking for. Some are going to be completely cordless and run on battery power, while others are going to be plugged in the entire time that you’re using them. You want to think about where you’re going to be using yours and how convenient it will be to have it plugged in all the time. For some people this might not be a big deal because they have room on their counter to put the unit, others may need to have theirs put away somewhere and this may mean a battery powered option is best because you don’t have to remember to take it back out and plug it in before use.
If you’re looking at a water flosser you also need to think about the fact that it needs water in order to operate. That means you need to put enough water into it that you can completely clean your teeth as quickly as possible. The size of the reservoir is going to tell you how much water you’re able to use and how long you can spend working on your teeth in one setting. So make sure you’re getting something that has at least 1 minute of flossing time but possibly more to provide some leeway.
There are all different kinds of water pressure that a water flosser could use but you want to make sure you have something with a balanced amount of pressure or even a variable amount of pressure. This way you can decide what you want at the moment and increase or decrease the water pressure that you have as necessary. That’s going to ensure you have pressure for more stubborn pieces that might be stuck in your teeth but you can also take it easy on your teeth if you’re just doing a quick run through.
Some versions will actually have control directly on the handle of the water flosser. You want to check and see if the one you’re looking at is going to do this or if you’re going to need to stay close to the base for controls. This is going to affect the way that you floss your teeth as well so make sure that you’re paying careful attention to what you can do and what your flosser is going to do. You definitely want to know how to control it before you get started actually flossing your teeth after all.
A water flosser is going to help you clean your teeth more thoroughly and that’s definitely going to be an important aspect right from the start. Make sure you’re getting a tool that’s going to help you clean up and really get a good job. It shouldn’t take too much to find just what you’re looking for if you’re checking out this information and everything else you can find.
- Water Flosser Buying Guide