If you’re planning on spending a lot of time outside you will definitely want a heated jacket that is going to help you stay warmer and more comfortable.
You want to make sure that you have something that is going to look good, fit great and still provide you with some heat rather than just a little protection from the outdoors.
Missy Enders, Author, HESCA
#1 Bosch PSJ120M-102
View On Amazon
The Bosch Jacket Kit is designed to give you plenty of heat and comfort while you’re heading outside and it’s designed to really be comfortable and looking great the entire time. The jacket is black with a little bit of white and red accent so you’re going to get a little bit of style to go along with it.
There isn’t a hood on this jacket, but it does have a zipper up the front and has zipper pockets on the sides as well as on the front chest. You’re going to have a great looking jacket that may look like a light spring coat, but provides you with enough heat that you’ll be able to wear it all the way through the winter months too.
The soft shell style of this jacket is comfortable and 100% polyester, which makes it wind and rain resistant as well as having heat zones built right in. There are two heat zones in the chest as well as one located in the back so you’ll be able to get heat right to your core, where you need it in order to be comfortable.
- When it’s cold out you’ll also have no problem getting warmer no matter what the temperature is because there are actually three different levels of heat that you can choose from. Pick from high, medium and low so that you don’t have too much or too little heat when it’s the most important to you.
- If you’re heading out you’ll get up to six hours of running time at the low setting, so you can stay comfortable for your entire time outside and then charge it up quickly and easily for the next time. While you’re wearing it you’ll even be able to charge up some of your other devices with the included USB port.
#2 DEWALT DCHJ062C1-XL
View On Amazon
If you’re looking for a jacket that is going to look ideal for the hunting season and still keep you a whole lot warmer than your regular jacket you’re going to love this Dewalt Camo Jacket. It comes in six different sizes so you’ll have no problem finding one that will fit you just right and it’s got plenty of heat on the inside.
This jacket has four different heating zones which will make sure your core is warm enough to stay outside for a longer period of time without any problems. It even has an LED controller that gives you three different heating options so you can be just as warm as you want to be. There’s even a preheat function to make sure your jacket is all warmed up when you first step outside.
Inside the jacket are routing ports so you can charge your USB devices, though that’s going to lower the amount of heating time that you have available. You’ll still get plenty of heat for an extended period of time and you won’t have to worry about where you’re going to store all of your stuff because you get a total of 7 assorted pockets throughout.
- The outer shell of this jacket is a soft shell which makes it more comfortable and it’s entirely water resistant so you don’t need to worry about being outside when the weather isn’t ideal. The jacket is a little bit heavier than average but that’s because you’re going to get a whole lot of heat from it with no problem.
- You’ll get up to 7.5 hours of battery power and heat all at once and without having to charge it and you’ll have no problem getting anything fixed if you have a problem because there is a three year warranty included.
#3 Gerbing Heated Puffer
View On Amazon
The Gerbing Heated Puffer Jacket is designed for women and provides a stylish and unique look and feel that you’re definitely going to love. It’s bright blue in color and has a puffer coat style with a high color and zipper all the way up the front.
This jacket has a fitted sleeve in black with a mini-rip shell to make sure you’re going to get high quality and style. It also has a micro poly lining to make sure you’re going to be warm even without the heater on. This is even better because of the 800-fill down that’s built into the coat to make it really comfortable to wear.
The maximum heat is up to 135 degrees so you’ll definitely have enough heat to make you feel comfortable and warm for an extended period of time. You can get up to 8 hours of heat at the lowest setting and if you’re looking for a lot of heat you can still get 2 hours of heat at the highest setting.
- When you’re heading back home you can simply plug the coat into the wall and you’ll be ready to head back outside in no time at all. That’s definitely going to make your time outside a whole lot more comfortable and fun too. Not only that, this jacket is going to be waterproof and breathable so you don’t have to worry about where you’re using it or when.
- There is even the opportunity to pick up a car charger so you can get your jacket all charged up even when you’re on your way to wherever you’re going to be wearing it but that’s going to require a separate purchase in order to be ready and heated up to go.
Heated Jacket Buyer’s Guide
Make sure you’re choosing a jacket that you’re going to like wearing. Just because it’s intended for something to keep you warm doesn’t mean that you have to choose something that you don’t like. Look around at the different jackets that are available and make sure that you’re getting something you can like wearing even when you don’t need the actual heat aspect. That’s going to be your best bet and it’s going to make you feel better about the money you’re going to spend. So don’t scrimp on style just so you can get something that is going to provide you with the heat you want.
You want to make sure that you have enough heat capabilities with your jacket as well. Think about how much you’re going to need from your jacket and how much heat you’re going to need. After all, you’re going to want something that you can get plenty of heat from. You want to make sure that you’re going to be warm when you’re outside, even if you’re going to be outside in extremely cold temperatures. But you’ll also want to have the ability to choose different heat levels so make sure that you’re getting different options.
You want to make sure that you have several different pockets to go along with your jacket, because you’re going to be storing other items with you in your pockets. Because of those pockets you’ll be able to store different things so make sure that you have different types of pockets including the ones on the sides and chest pockets. You may even have some inside pockets as well as the outer pockets. It’s entirely up to you what you decide to get for pockets and just how many pockets you’re going to need as well.
You want to make sure that you’re going to have enough power to last for a decent amount of time so that you aren’t getting out in the wilderness and then suddenly realizing your jacket has turned off. If it doesn’t last you’re going to have a whole lot of problems and your jacket won’t be doing much of anything for you. A good quality heating jacket should have at least a few hours of power no matter which setting you have it on. You want to make sure you’re going to get plenty of heat for what you’re planning to do, after all.
Most people don’t really think about a heated jacket because they really don’t think there’s much to do in this way. Instead of having hand warmers and foot warmers, however, you can just get a jacket that will take care of the problem for you. You’ll have no problem staying warm for extended periods of time and it’s a onetime cost rather than buying hand warmers every time you want to go outside. This jacket is definitely going to be a great bonus for you and for your plans over the colder months of the year.
- Best Heated Jacket