If your house has been infested with ants you know just how awful it can be. You want to make sure that you’re getting rid of those pests quickly and that you’re doing it while staying safe for the rest of your family.
The key is making sure you get a good quality product that’s really going to take care of the ants and do it fast enough that you don’t have to work hard and continue putting out product.
Missy Enders, Author, HESCA
#1 Advion Ant Gel Insecticide with Plunger
View On Amazon
This Advion Ant Gel is designed to make sure that you get rid of ants in your home quickly and safely for your family. It controls a number of different types of ants, which is definitely going to be important since you want to make sure you keep your home safe and protected from every insect that comes through those walls. It’s also extremely attractive to ants, which means they’re going to come to it without you having to place it all over the house.
This bait is super easy to use and easy to spread wherever you need it and it’s going to last a very long time. It actually lasts a total of 2 years past the printed manufacture date on the product so you can store it for as long as you like and make sure that you’re going to have some available when you start noticing ants in your home. You only need a very small amount in order to start getting rid of a whole lot of ants so make sure that you’re not spreading too much in one area. You’ll just be using more than what you actually need.
- The container with this unit is small, but you’re still going to have plenty of power and plenty of strength to kill the ants right away and make sure that your house is going to be bug free.
- If you have pets make sure that you keep them away from this product as it’s definitely going to be dangerous for them to ingest. You want to make sure that you’re putting it somewhere that you will be able to keep your animals from getting into it or putting it in something that will make sure that they can’t get to it at all.
#2 Eco Defence Organic Home Pest Control Spray
View On Amazon
This product is actually super strong and super effective but it’s also entirely safe for your children and pets. This is a great option if you want to keep everyone else in the house much safer and healthier but you’re also interested in making sure that you get rid of all the bugs in your home, and not just the ants that are starting to find their way in. That’s because this product is actually effective at getting rid of ants, spiders, roaches and a whole lot of other bugs.
You can use this inside your home or outside without worry for other animals or children who might get into it. That’s because it’s entirely organic and all natural, made with ingredients that are perfectly harmless to your pets and children. Those same products are not so safe for bugs however so you’ll be able to get rid of just about any insect and even scorpions that may manage to weasel into your home otherwise.
- You’re also going to get a super long lasting product in this spray so all you have to do is make sure that you spray a good amount around cracks or anywhere that you’re consistently finding bugs and you’ll start noticing a difference super-fast.
- You won’t have to worry about those bugs coming back and you don’t have to worry about odors and poisons in your home like you’ll get with a lot of other bug killers.
- If you don’t love this product you can even send it back and get your money back within 60 days. That’s because in that amount of time it’s going to get rid of just about anything and everything you see around your home.
#3 TERRO Ant Killer Liquid Ant Baits
View On Amazon
With this product you’re going to get 6 little stations that are designed to take care of your ant problem once and for all. Each of the trays is filled with a solution that is entirely deadly to the ants in your home and will make sure that they aren’t going to be a problem anymore. All you have to do is peel off the cover and place the tray inside your home near where the ants get through or outside to keep them from getting in in the first place.
You won’t have to worry about drips or spills or any type of mess with this product because it’s going to work just the way you want without falling or even being tracked anywhere by the ants. You will need to be careful around your pets because you don’t want them to get into this product but for yourself you’ll be okay with using it and you’ll be able to avoid getting it on your clothes or hands while you’re placing it out or throwing it away.
- This product works quickly and slowly by killing off worker ants quickly and still giving plenty of time for foragers to get the poison back to their colony where it will take out the entire population.
- You won’t have to worry about those ants getting back into your house again and you can be sure that all of them are going to be wiped out fast when you set these stations out. They’re also designed to make sure that there is no drying out and the liquid is supplied to the ants all through the day and night, so it’s there when they feed.
Best Ant Killer Reviews Buyer’s Guide
One of the first things that you want to know is how the product is going to be distributed. With some products you have to spray the area with the product and you have to continue to spray it several times before it will do much of anything. Other products may be liquid or glue style traps that the ants will come to and then take poisons back to their colony to wipe out all of the ants. There are also different options for gels and pellets that can be used to help spread the poison or make sure that the ants are going to be wiped out quickly.
You want to know how fast the product is going to work and you definitely want to make sure that you know how many of the ants it’s going to take care of. If the product is only going to work on ants that come to the product then you’re going to have a longer process but if it’s also going to work on ants back in the colony by getting the first ants to take it back you’re definitely going to be much better off and better prepared. You’ll be able to get rid of more ants in a short amount of time and with less of the product as well.
You want to know if the product is going to be safe for you to use around your children and pets because you want to know if you should keep it in specific areas or if you can use it throughout your home. If you are using something that is poisonous you need to make sure that your children and pets aren’t going to get into it but if it’s going to be non-toxic then getting rid of the ants is going to be a whole lot simpler. The safety aspects are one of the most important features of any type of chemical product (or potentially chemical product) that you use.
Indoor vs. Outdoor
You also want to know where you can use the product and if it’s going to be effective if you keep it outside of your home. You should look at the different options and see if there are some products that you can keep out of the house right from the start or if you need to use them indoors in order to get results. Some products won’t have a lot of effectiveness when placed outside because they could be washed away and others might be poisonous to other wildlife or pets that might be around the area.
You want to make sure that you’re getting an ant killer that is actually going to work for you and is going to make sure that your children and pets are going to be safe. No one wants ants in their home, but making sure that you get rid of them isn’t always going to be as difficult as you might think. With any of these ant killers you’re going to be much better off and you’re definitely going to be happier in your home as well.
Which Ant Baits Do I Choose