Getting breakfast ready for everyone in the family at the same time can be a hassle, but with a four slice toaster it doesn’t have to be.
The best toaster should be able to get your breakfast ready in no time at all, and if you’re looking at some of these options you’re definitely not going to have a problem with that. Don’t miss out.
Missy Enders, Author, HESCA
#1 Cuisinart CPT-180
View On Amazon
The Cuisinart CPT-180 is designed to look sleek and stylish sitting in your kitchen with its brushed stainless steel style. It offers a range of different features that are going to make it much easier to use and appreciate for anything that you need and it’s going to get you making breakfast again..
This toaster has six different settings on the dial as well as specific options for reheating, bagels and even defrost. Not only that but it has an LED indicator for each of these settings to let you know just what you’re doing and how your favorite products are going to turn out when you’re all done.
The toasting slots are 1 ½ inches wide to allow for average and extra thick pieces of bread or bagels. That means you don’t have to worry about only using store-bought bread because this toaster can take care of even your thickest homemade bread with no problems. It even has an extra-lift lever just in case your oversized bread is a little too heavy for the standard lift.
- When you’re ready to start cleaning this toaster has a slide-out tray that catches all of the crumbs and makes sure that cleaning is a whole lot easier than you might have thought, especially for such a large unit. At about 6 pounds it’s a little heavier than some other toaster options, but it provides a range of different settings and makes cleaning easier to make up for that.
- It’s ready for just about anything you need and if you change your mind on how you want your bread to be prepared, all you need to do is hit the cancel button. This will spit your bread out immediately so you can change your settings or change your mind. It’s extremely simple and makes sure that your breakfast is always going to be exactly what you want it to be.
#2 Hamilton Beach 4
View On Amazon
The Hamilton Beach 4 Slice Toaster is designed to make it easier than ever to get anything you want heated up. It looks just like two smaller toasters side-by-side, but takes up less space and makes sure that you have just the right amount of food for the entire family. It’s definitely a great thing to have around your house because it’s really going to give you the quality and service you’re looking for.
This toaster has slots that hold up to 1 ½” wide bread, bagels, waffles and anything else you might want to eat. That means you can feel free to slice your own and make it extra thick if that’s your favorite way, because you’re definitely going to have enough space for it with this toaster.
The outside is made to never overheat or even get hot to the touch so you don’t have to worry about little ones wandering around or even accidentally bumping into it while you’re doing other things. Even better, you won’t have to worry about anything melting just because it sits near the toaster and that’s going to be a big benefit overall for the entire family.
- There are five different setting levels available for this toaster as well as three different preset options if you have something that’s still frozen or if you’re looking to toast up a bagel. If you make a mistake in your settings you can just hit the cancel button and your food will pop right back out so you can start again.
- The black color makes this toaster look sleek, especially with the stainless steel accents and the ease of cleaning it makes it the perfect option for your family. All you need to do is slide out the crumb trays, which are conveniently separate for each side of the machine. You’ll be ready to get back to cooking in no time at all.
#3 West Bend TEM4500W
View On Amazon
If you’re looking for something a little more unique you’re definitely going to want to check out the West Bend Egg and Muffin Toaster. This all-in-one tool allows you to perfectly toast your favorite bread products like toast, muffins or bagels and at the same time you’ll be able to heat up your meat and cook your eggs. That means you can get your entire breakfast ready in less time.
There are several different button settings for the toaster itself as well as for the meat and egg cooker so you can have everything ready for you, just the way you like it too. There are seven different bread level settings so you can get it just as dark or light as you want and you can even use the defrost settings for frozen items that you want to heat up.
- With the egg cooker you can make scrambled, poached or soft and hard boiled eggs and you’ll have no problem heating up meat or any type of fruit or vegetables that you want with the added tray. There is definitely going to be no problem making breakfast around your house with this option. Even better, the added cooker takes up very little extra space outside of the normal size of the toaster. So you don’t have to worry about sacrificing your space for this added benefit.
- Weighing a little more than other toaster options at around 9 pounds, this one definitely makes up for its size with the overall versatility of what it’s going to do for you in the long run. You’re definitely going to love it.
4 Slice Toaster Buyer’s Guide
Variety of Settings
The first thing that you want in your new toaster is a lot of options when it comes to toasting your bread, bagels or muffins. You want to make sure that you’re going to get just the right amount of toasting that you like, but also that the rest of your family can get exactly what they like best too. If you aren’t able to set a variety of different levels then the toaster might be good for one or two members of your family and not so good for the rest of the family.
While most toasters now come with oversized slots, this isn’t true of all of them. Still, it’s something you’re going to want to look for, especially if you like slicing your own bread or buying larger bagels or muffins. If you have wide slots you’re going to have no problem toasting just about anything you might want to put in your toaster and then quickly and easily getting it right back out. Otherwise you could end up with bread stuck down in your toaster that you have to try and pry back out, definitely not a great way to start out your day.
Removable Crumb Tray
While this isn’t absolutely imperative, you’re definitely going to want a tray that you can take out for getting rid of crumbs. Tipping your toaster upside down is generally not recommended and it could result in damage to the toaster oven. With a removable tray you can get all the crumbs out without having to resort to this level and you’ll be able to quickly and carefully get all the crumbs out of the toaster so you can get back to making breakfast for the rest of the family as well.
Ability to Cancel
Finally, you want to make sure that you can cancel whatever it is that your toaster is doing if you change your mind or if the settings aren’t quite right. If you forgot that your son turned the dial up to practically burnt and you want lightly toasted you can cancel the heat at any point and start again or have your toast before it gets to that overcooked level. You may be able to just move the lever to raise your bread or you may have a separate button that allows you to cancel whatever the toaster is doing at the moment.
Overall, your best toaster is going to have not just the four slices that you’re looking for, but also the ability to take care of everything else that you want. You want to make sure that you’re getting something versatile that can cook anything you want from bagels and thin muffins to thick-sliced bread and rolls. You’ll also want to make sure that you can change the settings to fit each member of the household when they want something cooked and that you can cancel the toaster at any time to get just the right amount of cooking and heat.
- Toaster Buying Guide