Meal replacement shakes have become a popular way to shed the body of excess fat. They are used often by individuals hoping to reach their weight-loss goals because they are easy to make, are great tasting, and provide the body with nutrients that are easy to digest. When combined with good dietary habits and workout programs, users can create a caloric deficit which will likely result in weight loss.
GNC Lean Shakes are not an exception when it comes to helping you shed some weight. They have the proper ratio of food nutrients required to assist in weight loss. Additionally, they has been developed to help users stabilize their cholesterol levels, build leaner muscles, and lower their blood sugar levels. This supplement comes with high amounts of soluble fiber which helps it rank high on the Glycemic Index.
Its manufacturer, GNC, is a highly reputable company that has been in business for over 70 years. It’s known for its expertise in the food and nutrition industry and has developed a number of its own popular, branded products. They include bars, powders and shakes that offer users a chance to slim down and lose weight without hurting the body.
Understanding GNC’s Total Lean Shake
GNC Lean Shakes come in a variety of flavors. For example, there is Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cookies & Cream, and French Vanilla. There are a standard number of ingredients used in the shakes which include: milk protein concentrate, nonfat dry milk, creamer, natural and artificial flavors, sucralose, acesulfame potassium and a vitamin and mineral blend.
These shakes are designed to be used in place of meals. According to the product’s official page, it is advisable to drink these shakes twice daily. Each serving guarantees the consumer up to 180 calories, eight grams of fiber, and nine grams of protein. When used on a daily basis, GNC Lean Shakes go a long way to supporting weight-loss. One great advantage is that busy individuals, who are always on the go, can use them.
Key Ingredients in the Shakes
Vitamins and Minerals
Part of a healthy and balanced diet, which is supported by this supplement, are its 21 different vitamins and minerals. They include vitamin E, which protects against neurological disease, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s. Thiamin, which promotes a healthy nervous system and cardiovascular system. Niacin and chromium help boost your levels of good cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels. Vitamin B6 helps with heart health, liver, eyes, skin, and hair. Vitamin B12 and zinc help the immune system, boosts energy, and are great for skin health. Calcium is great for bone health while iron increases energy and fights anemia. Magnesium comes in to prevent coronary heart disease and insulin resistance. Selenium helps in reducing inflammation and protects against prostate cancer in men. Potassium helps promote bone and muscle health and keeps blood pressure in check.
There are three types of protein used in the making of this supplement. They are milk, whey isolate, and whey protein. These proteins are blended to produce a high-quality product. For example, whey protein is essentially a side product of milk and cheese production. In this supplement it can be broken down into three different forms; concentrate, isolate, and hydrolysates – all of which have minimal fat content. They are also low in both lactose and cholesterol. This high amount of protein keeps you fuller for longer periods of time, allowing your body to burn its existing fat stores instead of burning off what you have just eaten. Through this, fat content in your body is reduced, especially in areas such as the stomach and thighs.
GNC combines a number of dietary and soluble fibers with hunger blocking power. With a total of 8 grams of fiber per serving, this product helps you to maintain the feeling of being full. However, this is also dependent on the number of daily physical activities you engage in which could increase your appetite. GNC features a patented, fiber-rich blend, also known as the carb blend which increases your feeling of fullness and satiety. This makes it a quality appetite suppressant and helps you to be able to wait longer between meals.
The carb blend has carrageenan, maltodextrin, xanthan gum, cellulose gum, oat bran, and resistant starch. Many of these fibers are naturally occurring and offer a powerful soluble fiber. One that is extracted from oat bran supports normal, healthy blood glucose levels, especially when consuming high-glycemic carbohydrate food such as pastries, bread or pasta.
Price, Ordering, and Buying
Bear in mind that the company offers cheaper prices for its gold members. In addition, they enjoy auto shipping as well as greater discounts for purchasing more than two shakes at once. It is quite simple to subscribe to their membership program. You only have to;
- Choose the item you would like to receive in your recurring shipments.
- Select the “Subscribe” option on the product page or in your shopping cart.
- Select the frequency of delivery – each item can have different frequencies.
- Complete the standard “Check Out” process and you are good to go.
These products can also be found on other online retail sites such as Amazon, Drugstore.com, and many others. Prices and shipping costs may differ from site to site.
- • Provides quick absorption of proteins- These shakes are digested more quickly compared to solid foods.
- • It is convenient- It is easy to prepare as well as to carry around and can be used by those who find themselves busy.
- • An excellent source of low calories- A protein supplement with milk can be a quick source of a non-filling source of calories.
- • There are clinical tests supporting the idea that it really works. These can be found on the product’s official page.
- • It is expensive
- • They include artificial ingredients. For example, the artificial sweetener dextrose, which is an unnatural form of sugar and is not healthy.
- • A source of added calories- When you are trying to lose weight, staving off hunger is better than adding calories to your body which these shakes do.
Reviews and Results
Time it Takes to See Results
To begin with, this depends on the type of food you eat. In addition to drinking the shakes, it is important to observe good dietary habits. A good workout program also goes a long way towards producing excellent results. While you may feel some effects of a workout within 30 minutes, you should expect to wait six to eight weeks from the time you start to get optimum results from your multivitamin.
Remember that your body’s response may be different than that of another dieter. You may have to wait for at least two weeks to see noticeable results. You may even want to start a new fitness routine or change up your supplement regimen, patience pays off!
Does GNC Total Shake Contain Fat?
Yes, and is mostly derived from the proteins in this supplement. The body actually needs some fat in order to stay healthy, even when we are intending to lose weight. So, eating a low-fat or no-fat diet is not the best thing you can do for weight loss and fat loss.
They help you to feel full and to stay fuller longer. Also, GNC Total Shakes are healthy for vegans. You can also re-introduce good fats into your body from foods such as peanut butter, avocados, and real, natural butter.
Numerous complaints have surfaced about the lack of consistency in this supplement. Some customers complain of a gritty and chalky aftertaste in the mouth after taking this supplement.
More importantly, sweeteners, which are added for taste, are bad for weight loss and this shake has 4 grams. Moreover, it uses the controversial ingredient sucralose which makes it very sweet and not so healthy.
GNC Shakes are clinically tested and are said to help in suppressing appetite and curbing cravings. This is because their blend of fiber-rich carbs helps give the body a good supply of fiber for digestive health. Countless reviews on online retailers such as Amazon shows that this shake can suppress hunger either before or after a workout.
GNC Total Lean Shakes does its job well, leaving most consumers full for 2-3 hours. However, studies indicate that those engaging in tough, physical activities on a daily basis do not stay fuller, longer as their rate of metabolism increases.
Directions for Use
- Add two scoops of the shake (46.2 grams) to 8 fl. oz. of cold water.
- Mix well and enjoy 30 minutes prior to exercise.
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool, dry place.
- Consult your physician prior to using this product.
- Do not use this product if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
- Discontinue use two weeks prior to any surgery.
- “Great for a breakfast meal replacement” – This client tried this supplement with dairy milk but did not like the taste. After trying it with almond milk, he said it was amazing and especially liked drinking it in the morning. When ice is added and the mixture blended, it tasted like a milkshake. He lost 6 pounds in one week.
- “Excellent for weight loss”- He used it twice daily and lost approximately 10 pounds in two weeks. He plans to continue using it to maintain his weight loss program.
- “Yummy and Healthy”- She uses it to help her lose weight and feels it is a good, healthy meal replacement for breakfast because it has a lot of vitamins and fiber. With about 180 calories per serving, it keeps her full for several hours.
- “Great flavor and taste”- Keeps me from getting super hungry for at least 2-3 hours. As with any protein powders, I would definitely recommend a blender bottle to completely mix it up.
- High price- A downside to GNC Shakes is that they are highly priced.
- Chalky Taste- While some loved their taste, many complained of a chalky aftertaste in the lighter-colored flavors, for example in vanilla. Some consumers claimed that two scoops were not enough to offer a good thickness
- Consumers who were highly physically active complained that their “full” feeling faded after about an hour or two, much faster than what the manufacturer claims.
Those who practice good dietary habits with consistant workouts are sure to attest that this supplement is a good weight loss shake. Based on our research on prices, GNC Total Lean may be the best option for someone who intends to get fit a small budget. The shake’s ability to blend well with water and offer a good consistency seemed to be enjoyed by most consumers.
Total Lean Shake Review